Call us on: (250) 668-3078
Mail us on: email@example.com
Click on the image to see our handout describing the differences between survival and bushcraft.
* We aim to ensure that you have the right skill-set and the right mind-set to ensure that you will walk away from any unplanned, emergency scenario.
* Focus remains on safety and prioritisation of necessary tasks to ensure a positive outcome,
* The skills you will learn here are the real nitty-gritty, hardcore skills that will ensure your survival.
* Primitive skills and enjoyable camp and wood-crafts are not the goal here.
Learning the quickest, safest, most effective ways to construct shelter, build fire and navigate your way to safety are key.
* You will walk away with the knowledge needed to survive, you will take home the “toolbox” of skills to own, practice and perfect.
* You will spend the rest of your life with the quiet confidence that comes from knowing that you are prepared for whatever lies ahead.
* Our Bushcraft Courses will allow you to take an incredible journey here at Chilcotin Holidays. We will spend time in the bush, learning about the forest and it’s ways.
* In Bushcraft, we aim to be able to not only survive but thrive in an environment, relying only on our knowledge of nature and a few simple tools. These skills will transform any wilderness excursion into a one where the bushcrafter utilises nature to his / her benefit & comfort.
* You will see the opportunities that the forest provides for us to make our own shelter, find our food, make the tools we need and the luxuries that transform life outdoors from a hardship to a lifestyle.
* Our philosophy is that by the end of our Bushcraft Courses, the phrase “naked into the wilderness” will not sound like an impossibility to you!
Contact us today for more information on our Survival and Bushcraft courses.
Survival and Bushcraft are two similar fields with some overlap but there are important differences. In short, survival skills are needed for unplanned scenarios whilst bushcraft skills transform and improve your planned excursions into the bush. Of course a good bushcrafter will do well in a survival situation and a person with good survival skills will enjoy planned excursions more. The focus is different, the choice and the journey are yours!